I saw this meme on Amy’s blog. Funny thing, I was working on a list of movie quotes for my first foray in the Thursday Thirteen meme!
Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb (Internet Movie Database) and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess (if you know them all, please don’t guess every one).
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating, and that’s no fun!
Here’s the quotes:
- Michael Caine stars in two of the movies, and he is speaking in both quotes
- Cary Grant stars in three of the movies, but he is speaking in only two of the quotes
- Sally Fields stars in two of the movies, but she is not speaking in either quote
01. Mr. Green: But this is ridiculous. If he were such a patriotic American, why didn’t he just report us to the authorities?
Wadsworth: He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money off of it. What could be more American than that? (Clue: The Movie)
02. Sherlock Holmes: You mean he’s not trying to kill me?
Dr. Watson: Of course not. He knows you’re an idiot.
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, thank God. (Without a Clue)
03. Lloyd: Like the band playing on as the Titanic sank. (Noises Off)
04. Sally Cato: Well? Shall we to the hounds?
Auntie Mame: Yeah, I’d love to meet your family. (Auntie Mame)
05. Commander Houghton: A chaplain? Good heavens, he’s killed her.
Lieutenant Stebbings: No, sir. They want to get married.
Commander Houghton: Married? Goody Two-Shoes and the Filthy Beast? (Father Goose)
06. Sgt. Schulz: How do you expect to win the war with an army of clowns?
Lt. Dunbar: We sort of hope you’d laugh yourselves to death. (Stalag 17)
07. Mortimer Brewster: You didn’t want the reverend to see the body?
Aunt Abby: Well, not at tea. That wouldn’t have been very nice. (Arsenic and Old Lace)
08. Hildy: He treats me like a woman.
Walter: Oh he does, does he? Mm-hm… how did I treat you? Like a water buffalo? (His Girl Friday)
09. Jeffery Anderson: Of course I’m an egomaniac! I have America’s Sweetheart climbing up my drainpipe! (Soapdish)
10. Ouiser Boudreaux: You are evil, and you must be destroyed.
Clairee Belcher: Mother Nature’s taking care of that faster than you could. (Steele Magnolias)
Please let me know if you plan to play, and I’ll come try to guess you’re quotes!