UPDATED 15 MARCH 2010 — New hosts.
So here are the rules:
1. Pick the number of books you want to read. It can be a mixture of the top 101, and/or the whole list. For example, you might want to aim to read 5 from the top 101 and 5 from the rest of the list.
2. Create a list of the books you want to tackle. You can create a list now, or add them as you go. Completely up to you.
3. The challenge runs from 10/10/09 to 10/10/10.
4. Please post the direct link to your 101 Fantasy Reading Challenge post. (so that other participants can visit and see what you are reading)
~~ & ~~
I’ve decided to join this challenge because of the flexible requirement. Since Harry Potter is a re-read (though I haven’t read the earlier books in years), I won’t be counting those — or as a last resort, if I’m close to finishing and the Potter book can count as the last entry.
15 MARCH 2010 update — The list pretty much remains the same. I did add a few more books from the 101 list to my library, so there are more alternates than what’s listed below. I will track my progress on my master challenge page.
Some possible reads for the challenge:
- The Smoke Thief (Shana Abe)
- Bitten (Kelly Armstrong)
- Full Moon Rising (Keri Arthur)
- Storm Front (Jim Butcher)
- One Foot in the Grave (Jeaniene Frost)
- Demon Inside (Stacia Kane)
- Fantasy Lover (Sherrilyn Kenyon)
- Wicked Game (Jeri Smith-Ready)
- Storm Born (Richelle Mead) DNF
- Wicked Lovely (Melissa Marr)
These are only possibilities. I’ve decided that I will read 6 books for this challenge.
Reconstructed Comments, due to data loss:
7 Oct – Bella – “Christina, Thanks for joining the challenge! Your list is fabulous. Bitten is one of my very favorite books 🙂 ”
7 Oct – Me – “You’re welcome! I’m looking forward to reading it.”