With a move cross country pending this summer (thanks to the Base Re-Alignment Commission), I have to be really flexible about any goals I’m going to set for myself. I’m not going to bother with setting a total number of books for the year. I only managed to finish 36 in 2009. If you count the short stories and the DNFs, I got closer to my goal of 60.
So instead, there will be just general type of goals (some just blog related). For instance:
- Get back to reading Star Wars novels — In 2009, I did not read a single book. I have a huge backlist of the novels.
- Try to read more than one Georgette Heyer this year — I bought a few of her mysteries, so maybe I read one of each (romances and mysteries)
- Finish the backlog of last year’s reviews — I have several left to do. I posted one earlier today, here, with a new format. I’m going to try using this new format for all reviews.
- Finish re-posting the “lost posts” from the last time I tanked the blog — Yeah, that’s still not done.
- Fix, again, the Author Index — goes in hand with the above.
- Track number of pages read — includes remembering to annotate the page # I stop at when I decide a book is DNF.
- Try to read more than one “In Death” books — I will never get caught up with this one if I don’t
- Use my Sony Reader more — I bought it mainly to stash books/short stories for the time of the move.
- Look at my “books read” list from 2006-2008 and see if there’s a author I’ve been meaning to read again — and do so.
- Do not get behind on 2010 reviews — even if it means not working on a 2009 backlogged one
That’s all I can think of at the moment. I’ll probably come up with several more after I post this. 🙄