What: 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge
When: 1 January – 31 December 2011
Who: Jennifer (Reading for Tequila)
Rules: Based on the level you choose, read the required number of books from this list.
Level I – 5 books
Level II – 10 books
Level III – 15 books
Level IV – 20 books
Level V – 20+ books
- Participants can join anytime.
- You do not have to make a list prior to the start of the challenge.
- Audiobooks and eBooks are acceptable
- Rereads do not count
- You don’t need a blog to participate.
- Reviews are not mandatory.
~~ & ~~
Jennifer has amassed quite a list of books, recommended by other bloggers. There are Classics, Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance (from various sub-genres), Horror, Science Fiction — heck, it’s safe to say there’s a little of everything on this list. There were many books I didn’t recognize, some I’d heard about but I wasn’t really interested in, and quite a few that I’ve already read. In fact, I wasn’t sure I would sign up because I’d doubted there were five unread books from the list already in my TBR pile.
I was wrong.
I had more than enough, plus a few I have thought about borrowing from the library as audiobooks (if nothing else is available). The list below is not final (and obviously more than 5):
- Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
- Touched by an Alien (Gini Koch)
- Mind Games (Carolyn Crane)
- Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Lisa Shearin)
- My Soul to Take (Rachel Vincent)
- Inside Out (Maria V. Snyder)
- The Iron King (Julie Kagawa)
- The Demon in Me (Michelle Rowen)
- Wings (Aprilynne Pike)
- Wicked Lovely (Melissa Marr)
And there are a few more. Of those listed, most are Young Adult books. Even though I have 10-15 books, I’m going to stick with committing to 5, just in case.
As usual, I’ll track my progress here.