- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
~~ & ~~
I really want to do this! I may have to make a Special Rule for it in the “Reading Has Its Rewards” challenge. With the first three books, I can get away with reading them at lunch and it wouldn’t interfere with my reading other books — but once I get to Goblet of Fire, I will have to devote more time to them if I want to finish all seven by the end of the year. And watch the movies. One of the items listed under “Extra Credit” is watching the corresponding movie after each book. Maybe I’ll award myself some “house points” if I complete the reading/movie watching by 31 July (Harry’s birthday). And I am DEFINITELY counting page totals for the last four books — it would be insane if I didn’t. Besides, it’s been YEARS since I’ve read any of the books from cover to cover, though I attempted a Harry Potter challenge in 2009/2010 — in the middle of a move. I didn’t finish a single book, and though my mother had the book CDs on continual rotation the whole time, I never heard any of them all the way through.
I will track my progress here.