What: 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge
When: 1 January – 31 December 2013
Who: Auntie Spinelli Reads & Megan Likes Books
Rules: Read as many paranormal books as you can/want. Each month the hostesses will feature a different paranormal creature.
From what can tell by the rules, if you read and review a book featuring angels in January, you can still post a link. Rule #7 states:
Each review you link will qualify you for an entry into the monthly giveaway and if your review includes the feature paranormal creature of that month, you get a bonus entry.
and Rule #10 states:
If you read multiple books from one category, feel free to add them to the linkies. Don’t stop at just one!
So, for instance, a person could read 4 vampire books, 2 angels, and a zombie book in January, and the total entries for that month’s give-away would be: 8 for the vampires and 3 for the others, which equals 11 entries.
Since I tend to read a lot of fantasy/paranormal to begin with, I’m trying to read other genres during the month. I like the idea of just reading the featured creature. Or I should say, committing myself to reviewing just one book. Below is their schedule. December looks to be “reader’s choice” as far as what type of other — should be interesting.
- January – Vampires — too many to choose one just yet!
- February – Angels/Nephilim — Sins of the Son (Linda Poitevin)
- March – Fey — The Shattered Dark (Sandy Williams)
- April – Demons — too many to chose from
- May – Aliens — Alien Tango (Gini Koch)
- June – Zombies — Joss Ware’s Envy chronicles?
- July – Witches and Wizards — Harry…Dresden or Potter
- August – Mermaids — I have ONE book!
- September – Dragons — I’m guessing this is the Non-Shapeshifting variety
- October – Ghosts — Charley Davidson or the Graveyard Queen
- November – Werewolves/Shape-shifters — Briggs? Singh? Vaughn?
- December – Other — djinn? gods/goddesses?
Many of the books I’m considering for this challenge are the second books from series I’ve started but haven’t gotten around to reading, for some reason or other. One of the hostesses is also hosting a sequels challenge, so for me, the two go hand-in-hand.
I will track my progress on my master challenge page.