Below is a list of 14 prompts, pulled randomly from a stack of index cards I created for a book bingo game. The goal is to see how many I can cross off by the end of November. Why 14 and not, say, 21? Because I was also kicking ideas around for 2014 personal challenges at the time.
Some rules I established for myself:
- Each book can only be counted toward one prompt.
- Each prompt can only be used once during the season.
- If all 14 prompts are used before the end of the season, new prompts will not be added.
Read a book labeled (on Goodreads) as Romantic Suspense— Ice Blue (Stuart, Anne) (17 Sep 13) Read a “new to me” author— A Deadly Grind (Hamilton, Victoria) (6 Sep 13) Read a book with the word “pink” in the title OR on the cover— My Fair Concubine (Lin, Jeannie) (4 Sep 13) Read a book written by an author whose last name begins with an “A“— A Touch of Midnight (Adrian, Lara) (16 Sep 13)
- Read a book labeled (on Goodreads) as Post-apocalyptic
Read the 1st book in a “new to me” series— Books Can Be Deceiving (McKinlay, Jenn) (19 Sep 13)
- Read a book with the word “black” in the title
- Dragons! (on the cover, in the title, or featuring)
- Read a book first published in 2010
Read a book labeled (on Goodreads) as Mystery— Death in the Stocks (Heyer, Georgette) (5 Sep 13)
- Read a book written by a Christine/Christina
- Read a book with a green cover
Vampires! (on the cover, in the title, or featuring)— Midnight Reckoning (Castle, Kendra Leigh) (22 Sep 13) Read a book first published in 2013— Blue Forever (Bruhns, Nina) (29 Sep 13)
The Daughters of England Fall Reading List
Lament for a Lost Lover— (11 Sep 13)
- The Love Child
- The Song of the Siren
- Will You Love Me in September? (A.K.A. The Drop of the Dice)
~~ & ~~