Off to a good start this year, though I wish I could have squeezed in one more book. I made an effort to read books that fit multiple challenges, with the goal of reading at least 1 book for each (not counting the perpetuals). I almost did it — Off the Shelf challenge is the only one that I did not read a book for (the goal is to read only Young Adult books for the Off the Shelf challenge). Though I fell short of that little side goal, I did read every book for January from my Winter Reading List. February’s list has only two books, so I have another chance to read a book for every challenge.
I posted five reviews this month. Four of them were for the Christmas Spirit Challenge. The fifth was for Fonduing Fathers. I want to do better this year with regards to the reviews. I’m not there yet.
In January, I continued my Spotlight On. . .meme. I’ve enjoyed doing this feature around a theme and I’m really happy how my two series spotlights turned out. I want to do another, but I haven’t decided on which series yet. I was pretty good about planning ahead, though I made two last minute decisions. The first, I decided to skip the 23 January posting due to the A Winter’s Respite Read-a-thon. And the other, I changed my mind about posting the 30 January spotlight — I’d been under the weather over the previous weekend and planned to skip the spotlight post. I felt better by Wednesday and threw a post together. It was almost a 31 January post. 😀 The skipped post from the 23rd will be featured on 6 February. February’s theme will be. . .what else. . .romance. 😉
- There is read-a-thon in February. It starts next week and ends on Valentine’s Day.
- I hope to finalize the 2012 Reading Has Its Reward Wrap-up post before the end of the month.
- Work on my Spring Reading List (March – May)
- Fonduing Fathers (Hyzy, Julie) (2 Jan 13) – 4 stars – Cozy, Quick Fix
- The Scarlet Pepper (St. James, Dorothy) (3 Jan 13) – 4 stars – Cozy, Sequels
- The Big Four (Christie, Agatha) (8 Jan 13) – 3 stars – Vintage, E-Book, Quick Fix
- Ashes of Midnight (Adrian, Lara) (21 Jan 13) – 4 stars – Baker’s, Mt. TBR, Seriously, Paranormal, Romance
- And Only to Deceive (Alexander, Tasha) (26 Jan 13) – 4 stars – Historical, Mt. TBR, Cozy
- The Miracle at St. Bruno’s (Carr, Philippa) (28 Jan 13) – 3 stars – P. Carr, Historical, Mt. TBR
Reviews added this month.
- The Christmas Inn
- The Earl’s Mistletoe Bride
- Snowbound Wedding Wishes
- Christmas Confessions
- Fonduing Fathers
Challenges Completed this month:
Incomplete (Ended in January)
Year of the Dragon Reading Challenge(personal/GoodReads) – 4
A Baker’s Dozen (personal) – 1/39
Cruising’ thru the Cozies (7-13) – 3/?
E-book Challenge – 1/10
Historical Fiction – 2/15
Mt TBR – 3/48
Off the Shelf – 0/15
Paranormal Reading – 1/12
Quick Fix (20+) – 2/20
Romance Reading – 1/5
Sequel Reading – 1/12
Seriously Series (11-?) – 1/?
Vintage Mystery – 1/8
Daughters of England (personal) – 1/19
~~ & ~~
♥ Georgette Heyer (Month): 0
Georgette Heyer (Year): 0
Grand Total since 2008: 5
~~ & ~~
♥ In Death (Month): 0
In Death (Year): 0
Grand Total since 2010: 3
Total Read (Month): 6
Total Heard (Month): 0
Grand Total (Year): 6
~~ & ~~
Total Audio Hours(Month): 0
Total Audio Hours (Year): 0
~~ & ~~
Total Pages Read (Month): 1,788
Grand Total (Year): 1,788