May is normally the time I take a week off from work, whether or not I have any major plans for the time (I normally don’t). I got some quality reading time in this year, even though I took my time reading The Witch from the Sea. I could have gotten one more book read, but I decided to join the next round of Bookshelf Bingo (hosted by a different group on Goodreads then the Seasonal Reading Challenge). I put it aside to use it for the game, should I need it.
Because of my new plans for the upcoming months, I posted The Summer Reading List without any “potential reads”. I still plan to read the books listed for each month, though the fantasy/paranormal books may end up read in a different month than the one it’s currently listed for — it will all depend on what shelves are called during the month. Heart of Obsidian will be read as soon as I get it. If I want to avoid being spoiled, I cannot put that book off.
I updated the reading schedule for the Daughters of England. I hope Bingo wont put me behind. If it does, I’ll have to double up somewhere. I don’t want to go into 2015 with this!
Looking ahead to June: The only two Spotlights I’m planning to do this month is the monthly Daughter of England feature and the one I should have posted in the last week of May (I had 5 planned for May and only posted 4). This is primarily due to Bingo. If I have time, I’ll draft up some for July or to post when Bingo is over. I probably post more Notes On…/Reviews — reviews are required to claim the Bingo square.
- The Masque of the Black Tulip (Willig, Lauren) (5 May 13) – 4 stars – Historical Fiction; Mt. TBR; Baker’s Dozen, Sequel
- Taken by Midnight (Adrian, Lara) (8 May 13) – 4 Stars – Seriously Series; Mt. TBR
- The Witch from the Sea (Carr, Philippa) (20 May 13) – 3 stars – Daughters of England; Historical Fiction; Mt. TBR; Ebook
- The Unfinished Clue (Heyer, Georgette) (22 May 13) – 4 stars – Baker’s Dozen; Mt. TBR; Georgette Heyer; Vintage Mystery; Historical Fiction
- The Diva Takes the Cake (Davis, Krista) (25 May 13) – 4 stars – Cozy Mystery; Sequel; Baker’s Dozen; Mt. TBR
- Chosen (Swank, Denise Grover) (28 May 13) – 4 stars – Ebook
Reviews added this month.
Challenges Completed this month:
Incomplete (Ended in May)
A Baker’s Dozen (personal) – 14/39
Cruising’ thru the Cozies (7-13) – 4/?
E-book Challenge – 12/25
Historical Fiction – 8/15
Mt TBR – 12/48
Off the Shelf – 0/15
Quick Fix (20+) – 14/20
Romance Reading – 3/5
Sequel Reading – 6/12
Seriously Series (11-?) – 6/?
Vintage Mystery – 2/8
Daughters of England (personal) – 3/19
~~ & ~~
♥ Georgette Heyer (Month): 1
Georgette Heyer (Year): 1
Grand Total since 2008: 6
~~ & ~~
♥ In Death (Month): 0
In Death (Year): 0
Grand Total since 2010: 3
Total Read (Month): 6
Total Heard (Month): 0
Grand Total (Year): 31
~~ & ~~
Total Audio Hours(Month): 0
Total Audio Hours (Year): 0
~~ & ~~
Total Pages Read (Month): 2,102
Grand Total (Year): 8,687