I still have a few weeks left to read books for the Fall Reading List, but I want to post this early, just in case I can’t get to it during Thanksgiving weekend.
The Fall list was an experiment and I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. The verdict so far? I really like it. In fact, I’ve already created the Spring list. There will be fourteen prompts for the Winter and Spring lists, but I will be re-evaluating my method of picking prompts for the Summer list. The deck of index cards based on Goodreads shelves has reached its limit of usefulness.
What’s (specifically) on my to-read list for Winter? Why holiday books, of course! I look forward to participating in Christmas reading challenges. I haven’t decided on what books to read yet — hopefully they will also work for the Winter list. 🙂
Also, Daughters of England books. Yes, I’m still behind. It looks like I’ll be extending the challenge out to 2015 after all.
I will create a page for this list under “2014” and link it in the sidebar the first week of December.
~~ & ~~
Some rules I established for myself:
- Each book can only be counted toward one prompt.
- Each prompt can only be used once during the season.
- If all 14 prompts are used before the end of the season, new prompts will not be added.
- Read a book by an author who’s first name is Jennifer
- Read a book labeled Fantasy (urban fantasy allowed)
- Read a book labeled Sci-Fi Romance
- Read a book from the Star Wars Expanded Universe
- Read a book with a weapon on the cover or in the title (lightsabers count)
- Read a book with a four-letter word in the title (i.e., kiss, love, snow)
- Read a book by an author who’s first or last name begins with the letter R
- Read a book with a time of day in the title (i.e., noon, night, dawn, midnight)
- Read a book with a woman on the cover (1 person only, but other objects allowed)
- Read a book first published in 2011
- 1st in a Series: Mystery
- Read a book with an animal on the cover (can be mythical)
- Favorite Series
- Read a book by an author who’s first or last name starts with a T
The Daughters of England Winter Reading list (subject to change)
- The Love Child – if not read by 30 Nov
- The Song of the Siren
- Will You Love Me in September? (A.K.A. The Drop of the Dice)
- The Adulteress
~~ & ~~